Friday 3 June 2011

Shooting Ratio Dilemma

I'm attending the Solidarity with Arab Revolutions forum today at the Commercial Club, a three day conference, which I think will give me a good overview of the current situation in Egypt, but while planning what to film (it's a three day conference), I was faced with the dilemma of not wanting to film too much, but at the same time wanting to capture the more interesting moments.

I'm planning to shoot this sequence observational style. But having planned not to go beyond a certain shooting ratio for my film (I've planned a ratio of 20:1), I realise the temptation is always there to go beyond that and to end up over-shooting. But I made a pact with myself to stick to my plan. I'm planning a 30 minute documentary and I think 600 minutes of tape, plus additional digital footage on my flip camera, will be more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment